Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tea Tray

I've been in a creative void for the past few weeks so I've been walking around the house trying to find completed projects to share with you.  I don't have pictures through all of the construction steps, but most of the projects I am going to share with you are pretty easy.

The first one I want to share is a Tea Tray.  I am a big hot tea drinker and, of course, I save everything.  Including the little tabs from the tea bags.  I do pull them off before I steep the tea!  I knew that I wanted to use these on a tray and happened to come across an unfinished tray at a thrift store.  It isn't the sturdiest of trays, but I only use it for light items.

First I painted the tray white using acrylic craft paint.  Had it on hand so it was what I used!  It took several coats to properly cover.  After it dried completely I played around with the tea tags, lining them up in different ways on the tray.  I finally just decided on the rows as I'm not much of a collage person.  I glued them in place using plain old white glue.  Next I added several coats of clear poly-acrylic sealant.  I brushed this on, but spraying would have worked also.  I love the results!  And this tray gets a lot of use.



Happy Crafting!
Kathy


5 comments:

  1. Kelly aka Anonymous out of the sky you come up with something so crafty. I just watched the video on Home Depot to do the flower tower! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday and great to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really fun project and a great way to enjoy your favorite teas a second time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As you can see, I love my tea!

      Delete